Last Pick Productions
Based in Vancouver, BC
January 19, 2011
Press / Business Contact:
DescriptionHomeless is a mobile game coming to IOS and Android platforms that simulates the life of a homeless person living on the streets of Vancouver, BC. Players step into the shoes of a homeless avatar and have to beg for money in order to survive. We hope the game will raise awareness of the issue in our city, as well as around the world, and also provide a means for players to support organizations that help the homeless. Expected release is spring 2013.
- Experience life as a homeless avatar whose environment is the harsh city streets of Vancouver, BC
- Keep yourself happy, healthy, and clean, the most basic of human needs
- Real-time day/night cycle, complete with random events
- Weather systems: rain, sun and snow
- Vibrant city with unique locations and characters from all walks of life
- Skill system that allows you to level up your street abilities, increasing their proficiency
- Earn money from a variety of activities, including panhandling, busking, collecting cans, and doing odd jobs
- Unlock more content by saving up your hard earned coins, or purchase in-game currency for an instant boost
- Challenge other homeless people for prime begging territory!
- Real world impact - in-game purchases go towards helping real people dealing with homelessness
- Create an engaging, educational simulation where the player experiences the world through the eyes of a homeless person.
- Raise public awareness on the issue of homelessness in society.
- Promote positive, social change by donating a portion of proceeds to local organizations that help the homeless community.
Three coworkers from a Vancouver game development studio join forces to work on a side project - simulating the life of a homeless person through a video game.September 2012
Homeless is picking up steam. With an expected release of Spring 2013, we are excited to bring our product to the market!Oct 2012
Homeless turns to the social crowd funding site Kickstarter in hopes of raising funding for development.
- Gaming to Help the Homeless in Vancouver - Epic Gamer Girl
- Smartphone game iBeg puts player into shoes of homeless person in Vancouver - CTV News
- Kickstarted: iBeg - Game Trailers
- Last Pick Productions Begs to Differ in the Streets of Vancouver - Geek Badge
- Vancouver homeless game iBeg raising awareness and controversy - Vancouver Sun
- IBeg Homeless Game Released By Vancouver Studio - Huffington Post
For more gameplay images, or if you have specific image requests, please feel free to contact us!